Monday 10 August 2009

mid afternoon meeting spot - Lobby Bar at One Aldwych

If you are looking for a discreet and stylish meeting spot in the middle of town you could not do better than this fabulous space.
From the moment the dapper grey suited doorman opens the door one enters an oasis of calm. Service is polite, smooth, and ultra efficient. I loved the fact that the waitress took the time to call me by my name once she received my credit card.
The lobby bar is a huge magnificent light, airy and contemporary space. In fact everything is huge from the urn shape vases of fresh flowers that tower over you to the floor to ceiling windows. The art work is contemporary and includes a rather surreal wooden man in a boat with ridiculously out sized oars (watch your head!).
I sipped on a rather refreshing fresh fruit 'mocktail' and my guest enjoyed a good cafe latte. A bill of £10.00 was reasonable by hotel standards.
Lobby Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I really like your writing and I would be keen to create a profile for you on our site, MyVillage.com, to showcase your reviews. What this would involve is putting some of your reviews on our restaurant listings with a link on the profile going back to your blog. This would be great for us as we get some fantastic local knowledge and also great for you as it would boost your traffic to the site from our 750,000 unique users a month.

    We have done this with a few bloggers and a good example would be with Dos Hermanos -

    http://www.myvillage.com/profile/doshermanos

    Please get back to me with your thoughts.

    Best wishes,

    Tom Cole
    tom@myvillage.co.uk
    020 7461 9294
    ..............

    Come and join me on www.myvillage.com
    www.myvillage.com/profile/TomCole

    ReplyDelete